RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team in Kansas City.
RiskIQ uses internet-scale data sets to enable our customers to identify the unknown elements of their attack surface and investigate threats. Our sustaining engineering team resolves customer-impacting issues quickly and effectively. RiskIQ’s sustaining engineers work well independently, often in the face of limited information. They are passionate about solving customer problems.
Your responsibilities will include
- Writing high-quality code and tests
- Ensuring that customer tickets are treated with urgency throughout our process
- Working closely with application developers, architects, and product managers to ensure that we produce high-quality code and infrastructure.
- Building high-quality technical playbooks for common issues
- 4+ Years writing Java code
- Experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, or equivalent Java frameworks
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or other queuing technology
- Storage technologies such as MySQL, HBase, Redis, and SOLR
- Large-scale, distributed systems
- Computer Science or other technical degree. Extensive work experience is an acceptable alternative.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Silicon Valley Vibe in Kansas - Some of our perks include: Unlimited time off, stock options, medical, dental & vision benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly lunches, and a fun and flexible work environment.
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.