RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures. We are looking for a Director of Product Management - Vulnerability & Risk to work at either our San Francisco, Lenexa office. This position can also be based remotely.
At RiskIQ the Engineering, Product Management, and UX teams report up to the Chief Product Officer. This encourages a close knit relationship wherein each has a voice, and ensures that the overall product delivery team speaks with a unified voice at the senior executive level. Product management for individual products is similarly collaborative: product managers at RiskIQ work closely with an engineering lead or manager, with a UX specialist, and with a technical architect. This ensures that engineering scope, sustainable architecture, product quality, customer and market considerations are balanced as prioritization and roadmap decisions are made.
Product managers of all levels at RiskIQ are responsible for owning a portion of the overall product roadmap: understanding customer needs, our business strategy, and key technical considerations, weighing them, and collaborating with other members of the product management team and their UX and engineering counterparts to build and maintain a concrete vision of the direction for their area of product responsibility. We also get our hands dirty - JIRA is part of the job, both in terms of collaborating to prioritize bug fixes, and providing useful epics and stories that the engineering team can use to execute on their work.
In addition to owning your roadmap, you will be expected to know and understand your product area, and be the expert resource for marketing, sales, and support. You will collaborate with marketing on training, answer questions for sales, and help support address customer needs. You’ll also get to know key customers directly, educating them on what’s new and learning from their feedback. And finally, you’ll be your team’s coach, celebrating their successes, providing them useful feedback, and guiding them as they build products and features that combine to deliver a world class threat intelligence platform to our customers.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a b2b organization
- Shipped multiple releases of a SaaS platform product
- Good understanding of the vulnerability management and/or attack surface management market
- Experienced with the concept and analysis of third-party risk in digital supply chains and online infrastructure
- Knowledgeable about the Internet’s infrastructure - IP networking, DNS, web technologies, etc.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.