RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Technical Leader, Data Engineering to join our team in San Francisco. This is a senior level role on our team, equivalent to a Director.
We are looking for a very experienced and highly technical engineering leader for our data engineering team. This team is responsible for regularly collecting and ingesting a broad set of characteristics of the global internet, and providing the foundational dataset upon which the various RiskIQ product offerings are built.
The key technical challenges this team faces are around petabyte-scale data processing and the low-level complexities of how the internet actually works. You’ll need to have related foundational knowledge and a keen interest to learn more quickly. You will mentor the team to continuously improve both functional and data quality, and operate as a senior level technical contributor as well.
You’ll also have an opportunity to work closely with your Product Management counterparts to help define the vision and roadmap for the products they own, and then lead your respective team's agile planning and execution in support of those products.
Finally, this role is part of a growing and dynamic engineering team that is evolving quickly to support the corporate roadmap and our customers. This means you'll have an opportunity to have a huge impact and you'll need to be comfortable bringing order to some of the chaos that inevitably comes from this type of environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Data Engineering leadership and technical oversight in partnership with the CTO
- Deeply technical hands on contributor
- Demonstrate independence, creativity and initiative as well as the ability to master the company's product architecture and its business goals
- Lead the agile software development process, including planning, cross-team coordination, task assignments, code reviews, and design sign-off
- Oversee development of technical designs
- Best practices oriented and drives operational excellence - data services
- Mentor and develop a world-class engineering team
- Partner with PM on roadmap planning, sizing and estimates; ensure we're building the best products
- Senior data engineering leader - 10+ years experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Deep understanding of Solr, Hadoop, HBASE, Kafka
- Experience managing petabytes of data and maintaining batch and real time data pipelines
- Highly experienced in Java - 10+ years
- Experienced with MySql and Redis
- Strong interest in Cybersecurity
- Crawling tech in association with external digital assets at internet scale
- BS or MS in computer science
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.