RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a VP of Worldwide Pre and Post Sales Support to lead our world-class team of “customer-first” technical account engineers and success managers. This role reports to our CRO and will be responsible for expanding and leading this team. This is a highly strategic role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who wants to join a great company, work with a great team, get their hands dirty by building and training your team, presenting to CISO and helping to solve technical issues in an account and recommend the right solution to cement a long-term customer relationship. In this role you will be a member of the executive team, you will have the ability to influence strategic directions for the company and you will have complete budget responsibility for the support team. If you like challenges, the rewards of success, despise losing and have a continuous thirst for learning, we want to talk with you!
What RiskIQ is looking for in this role?
- Build a world class team that owns the complete customer journey from pre-sales, through onboarding and post Sales
- Ability to coach, lead and manage a diverse team and constantly strive for excellence.
- Organize, train, and equip the team. Assess go-to-market readiness, identify gaps in talent and process and build plans to ensure the team is properly trained/equipped to successfully perform to support and exceed annual goals.
- Maintain customer satisfaction throughout the entire lifecycle by working cross functionally to resolve product problems affecting pre- and post-sales customer satisfaction
- Build trust with customers, build influential relationships in our top accounts, be the sponsor and driver for our strategic business opportunities.
- Have the ability to credibly converse with CISO’s and top security leaders, as well as customers, technical users.
- Determine the right mix of products and services to ensure the ultimate success of RiskIQ’s customers: determine potential post-sales solutions and product-related services to grow relationships, ensure expansion and increase retention
- Partner with recruiting and HR to attract, hire and retain top talent to support our rapid growth
- Help build a playbook to develop and implement repeatable processes across the entire organization, including demos, POCs and customer success plans.
- First and foremost, instill confidence and a winning culture! You can accomplish this by…
- Expanding and leading a team of dynamic and energetic sales engineers supporting large enterprise sales efforts with strategic accounts in the US
- Be a coach! Enable your team with training, provide 1:1 coaching and team development at every opportunity
- Get your hands “dirty”: put your individual contributor hat on when needed, engage with customers, and help formulate strategies for target accounts
- Partner with other groups - such as engineering, EMEA and APAC counterparts and the executive team - to help us continue our tradition of “customer first”
- Ensure a consistent Worldwide go-to-market using the process and methodologies defined by GTM leadership team; contribute to and improve these processes whenever possible.
What You Bring To The Team
- Hire, train and retain top talent. Attract confident, credible and knowledgeable security experts who are great with customers and building relationships and are strong extroverts.
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and annual reviews
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive, to personnel in a timely manner; hold team members accountable
- Influence both internal and external C-level security executives through presentations and briefings
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, and Product Management, to ensure effective operation of your team, achieve the technical win, and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Formulate best practices for presentations, demos, onboarding and training, as well as overall sales strategy
- Act as a trusted adviser to higher level management on strategic opportunity reviews, emerging competitive threats, product direction, and establishing sales objectives and strategies
- Ability to ask questions, present solutions, and not just talk about technology. Must be able to train your team to do this as well.
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Good balance of technical acumen and sales / business savvy while being customer-oriented
- Deep awareness of the competitive landscape and drive strategies to strongly differentiate, rise above the “noise” and win in competitive situations
- History of creating content to “scale” teams and customers, from training, to onboarding and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done
- Constantly strive for stronger and better team and company performance
- Experience creating and enabling channel partners, especially relationships enabled to “source” net new business opportunities.
- Understanding and interpreting client business and technical requirements to translate product benefit across all types of buyers and influencers
- Passion and drive to work at a start-up with a “do whatever is needed” attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.