RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a smart, driven and highly positive person to add to our Accounting team in San Francisco. This role will oversee the day to day and month over month over operations of the accounting team, ensuring that things are done in an effective and efficient manner with great attention to accuracy and timeliness of the numbers.
Your responsibilities will include
- Manage monthly close process, ensuring all necessary entries are processed. Create, review, and approve recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts providing appropriate supporting schedules for timely and accurate month end process
- Work with 3rd party UK accountants to make sure month end process is completed for the subsidiary in a timely and accurate manner, review the financials of the subsidiary on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accounting system control, including chart of accounts, accounting periods, entry posting controls, etc.
- Respond to inquiries coming in from outside parties, employees and management
- Adhere to the deadlines set by the accounting department to keep processes functioning smoothly
- Manage Staff accountant and AP Specialist
- Review work of Staff Accountant and AP Specialist to ensure accuracy
- Serve as back up for Staff Accountant and AP Specialist as needed
- Keep banks accounts reconciled daily for an up to date cash standing at all times
- Keep all audit documentation rolled forward month to month for an easy year end closed and audit prep
- Assist the controller in managing annual financial audits, providing support to auditors and delegating tasks among the team members
- Coordinate with 3rd party PEO on payroll processing and posting of payroll journal entries including bonuses and commissions
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual budget and weekly/monthly/quarterly forecast.
- Improve, organize and maintain financial databases, software systems, and on-line filing systems.
- Maintain, coordinate and at times establish accounting control procedures as necessary.
- Design, develop and implement ad-hoc reporting and analysis tools as needed to improve functionality and efficiency of Finance Department.
- Maintain and file all required monthly, quarterly, and yearly regulatory business filings
- Work with Avalara to establish nexus and collect sales tax in appropriate jurisdictions
- Assist Controller and CFO in other projects/tasks as needed
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Business related field.
- Intacct, FloQast, Avalara, Concur, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel.
- Demonstrated strong analytical problem solving skills with a strong sense of fiduciary responsibility are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a complex, collaborative environment with other departments.
- 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a software startup environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.