RiskIQ is the world leader in Attack Surface Management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
Do you have a passion for digital security, risk management, and digging into technology while still being able to talk to business decision makers across numerous departments in a company? We are looking for a Sales Engineer that will take the technical sales engineering regional role in the Mid-Atlantic and South Eastern US. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting in region channel partners and regional RiskIQ sales team.
What this is not. A pure technical role, but a strategic technical role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who wants to join a great company, work with a great team, get their hands dirty in our technology one moment and then be presenting to CXO the next. If you like challenges, the rewards of success, and have a continuous thirst for learning, we want to talk with you!
Your background includes:
- Understanding and interpreting client business and technical requirements to translate product benefit across all types of buyers and influencers
- 3+ years of consulting or professional services experience in a cybersecurity area where you are measured on produced outcomes and value delivery
- 5+ year of experience as a pre-sales engineering in cybersecurity
- Broad, diversified experience across multiple security domains and IT technologies
- Experience selling via and supporting/training channel partners
- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 40%) and with short notice at times
- Passion and drive to work at a start-up with a “do whatever is needed” attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Knows how to ask questions rather than just talking about technology)
- Active listener and note taking master with SFDC skills
- Focused on follow up and follow through on all customer commitments
- Demonstrated high level of self-direction and decision making
- Teaming with Customer Success to help on renewals and post sales technical support
- Bachelor degree in computer science or information systems
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- CISSP, CISM, GWAPT, and/or CRISC certifications
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. We detect, expose, and investigate malware, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, and much more. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - We've recently celebrated several new milestones headlined by 80% year-over-year growth revenue growth, the closing of $30.5 million in Series C funding, and recognition by Forrester in its Forrester Wave™: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016 report, which named RiskIQ a leader.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renown cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cyber security.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small, but we’re growing. At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth. Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Architect a big data backend to increase our storage and analysis capabilities? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms. RiskIQ has unlimited PTO and flexible hours.