Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple solves this problem. We connect banks, payment providers, corporations, and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented and passionate Software Engineer to help build our data platform. The platform enables everyone in the company to make data driven strategic decisions. You have a passion for the craft of software engineering and take pride in applying those skills to data challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll collaborate with partner engineering teams and business stakeholders to build new capabilities to the Data platform to use data to drive Ripple’s strategy and success.The entire Data Platform team works collaboratively and is a strong partner for teams across the company. You will get to meet and learn from diverse and talented colleagues.
Data Engineer candidates will work to help build, improve, maintain data pipelines and foundational frameworks for data ingestion and data transformation, and develop creative ways to design and implement scalable and reliable backend infrastructure of the Data applications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or PHd program, preferably in a science or quantitative field
- Coursework / previous intern experience with software engineering, ideally involving data oriented applications (Python, Java or other programming languages)
- Experience in building ETL/ELT data pipelines. Real time pipelines are a huge plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries in data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery
- Knowledge of building REST API endpoints
- Exposure to Hadoop and NoSQL databases like hbase, cassandra etc is a plus
- Exposure to CI/CD (via Airflow or similar tool) a plus
- Experience with Terraform or similar tools a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 12 week internship
- Regionally competitive hourly rate
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)
- Regionally competitive hourly rate
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Virtual Team Events
- The whole company gets a day off once a month for everyone to recharge and catch up on life.
- You’ll get to contribute to open source projects using your own GitHub account.
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.