Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for performance engineers to join a growing team that is in charge of performance, scalability and reliability of the XRPL network. You will work closely with developers, scientists, devOps and other members in the performance team to gain deep knowledge on software’s design; use cases and its data flow, model realistic load profiles and conduct comprehensive performance testing and tuning on products and features we deliver as a team to the XRPL community. The ideal candidate should have a strong CS background, be passionate about problem solving, possess strong analytical and logical thinking skills and be very detail oriented.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with teams across the organization in acquiring performance requirements and load forecast metrics
- Participate in the full software release lifecycle, from software design and development to the deployment of the products
- Design performance testing load model and the associated test data to realistically simulate the load in the lab environment
- Develop comprehensive load simulators and all necessary tools required for the setup and testing
- Conduct iterative performance testing; bottleneck detecting/removing; code profiling and comprehensive tunings at all levels (OS, network, software and database)
- Develop performance monitoring dashboard or tools for effective monitoring during testing
- Collect test results; conduct detailed analysis and generate test report
- Work with devOps to ensure the product’s readiness for production environment
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by proactively looking out for problematic signs that may affect product’s performance and/or reliability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with Linux shells; understanding of OS components; networking; web protocols and database operations
- 2-4 year(s) of working experience in software engineering (including internship or research programs)
- Proficient with one or two programming languages; strong computer science understandings
- Intellectually curious; hyper focused; problem driven and persistent - you are not easily satisfied with hypothetical explanation but driven in digging out the root cause
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.