Design is involved in almost everything Ripple does — from our websites to events, products and campaigns, we strive to deliver exceptionally thoughtful brand experiences at every touch point along the customer journey.
The Web Experience team designs and develops ripple.com, along with other web properties, that for many is their first impression of Ripple. We focus on the details and aim to make every pixel count. We inspire and educate, helping our customers to clearly understand our mission, and the benefits of our products and solutions.
As part of the Design team we combine customer insights, strategic thinking and storytelling with captivating design to elevate Ripple’s reputation as a global leader in crypto, enabling a future that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Digital Designer with strong interaction, UX and brand design experience.
This person will help translate the Ripple brand into thoughtful web experiences, through smart UX, intuitive user interfaces, and compelling storytelling to bring the company’s mission, products and culture to life.
You have a critical eye for detail and design acumen, passionate about creating meaningful experiences that strengthen our brand and make an impact in the world of crypto. You’ll be working with designers and developers who are passionate about crafting memorable experiences.
We’re looking for someone who can help nurture an inclusive, curious creative culture and help lead a team of digital and UX designers. You should be thoughtful in your approach to work, collaborative, detail oriented, and be able to own a project from start-to-finish. Ripple prides itself on its strong culture - we’re open, transparent, respectful and like to have fun. You should value those things as well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the design of Ripple’s web properties
- Manage designers and nurture their career development
- Foster a synergy within the Web Experience team, partnering with front-end and backend developers to deliver beautifully designed and technically sound experiences
- Collaborate with the brand, visual experience, media, and product teams to ensure there is continuity across touch points across the customer journey, driving a cohesive end-to-end experience
- Work cross-functionally to partner with Marketing, Product Marketing and Sales teams
- Understand and improve the design quality across all digital and visual experiences
- Create, maintain, and evolve design guidelines for the Ripple brand
- Create and manage asset libraries for consistency across platforms
- Scale and expand the brand across different platforms
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years experience overall within a digital or creative agency or as part of an in-house team at a leading brand
- Ability to pitch and nurture a concept, from discovery and strategy through to execution
- Proven ability to demonstrate and direct colleagues toward solutions that balance form and function
- A diverse portfolio of innovative web and visual experience work
- Experience applying brand to different digital touchpoints (print and environmental nice-to-have)
- Ability to work within or create an established design system
- Great communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Ability to convey complex concepts in compellingly simple terms
- Methodical design process and a high attention to detail
- Synthesize feedback from stakeholders and iterate within a fast-paced environment
- Proactively solicit, manage, and address stakeholder input
- Passionate about building and evolving brands
- Active design advocate for a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- A plus, but NOT required: After Effects, HTML/CSS/JS or other web technologies
** A current portfolio of work is required for each applicant **
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.