Cloud Security Engineer (staff engineer and above)
Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for passionate Information Security professionals to build a world class Information Security program. As part of the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
Our Security Engineering team is growing,, helping Rippler’s design, build, and use on-premise and cloud infrastructure securely at scale. Infrastructure Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. This team works closely with Ripple’s IT organization and Cloud Engineering and Operations teams to ensure we are building securely to protect our business and our customers. In this role you may find yourself working to enforce perimeters to protect all of Ripple’s environments, strategizing IAM solutions, detecting vulnerabilities and ensuring patching processes, assessing and securing public cloud infrastructure, and more. All with the intention of influencing policy to simplify user experience and keep Ripple secure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Runtime discovery and detection in a multi cloud environment
- Pre-deployment evaluation of a multi cloud environment
- Partnering and consulting with colleagues on design and solutioning
- Securing SDN technologies in a container environment
- Working hands on with incident response to communicate capabilities
- Continuous improvement of relevant security systems and services
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience building and monitoring public cloud infrastructure
- Deeply familiar with AWS and GCP cloud infrastructure
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Deep configuration management and orchestration experience (Salt, Ansible)
- Familiar with the Hashicorp ecosystem (Terraform, Vault)
- Experienced with Kubernetes management and monitoring
- Inclusive leadership and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
- Above all, a team player that can handle challenging situations, a rapidly maturing security culture, and an eagerness to mentor less experienced engineers
What We Offer (USA):
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York and Singapore
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks (and catered lunch twice a week!)
- Monthly team social activities like outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A culture of learning and development: employees have access to professional development workshops and reimbursement for continued learning
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Learn more about engineering at Ripple by visiting our blog, “Get Technical."
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.