Ripple is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Design and Marketing team. This position will play an active role in maintaining, enhancing, and managing all of Ripple’s marketing websites as we continue to build robust features (for various internal stakeholders and on the site) while growing our brand globally. This role reports to the Director of Web Experience and Development.
This candidate has broad, but in-depth knowledge of web development from the server to the client, and excels in explaining technology to non-technical partners. Specifically, your key cross-functional partners will be digital designers, brand designers, integrated marketers, and technical operations. You are a strong leader and communicator who can guide an in-house team of front end developers, as well as external development resources.
You will support your team in a hands-on manner, write code on a daily basis, implement features, and guide technical decision making while keeping the team and company OKRs in mind. Helping to nurture the team’s career aspirations and technical competencies is a soft skill that we are highly interested in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the architecture and engineering for our marketing sites.
- Own the backend and deployment process using GatsbyCloud to build, test, and deploy.
- Research and define frameworks, code style guides, and build CMS templates to empower internal stakeholders to contribute and self-serve.
- Guide technology decisions, coding guidelines, implementation strategies
- Continuously implement site speed improvements and technical SEO.
- Code full stack, from fixing DevOps errors to browser bugs
- Oversee projects from requirements gathering, technical scoping, time estimation, vendor onboarding, security assessment and full development cycle.
- Be the team lead for our engineers (both internal and external) to support various, parallel projects and websites
- Partner with design and marketing leaders to understand and clarify UX requirements.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of full stack web development experience
- Self-starter who is proactive in finding and correcting issues and inefficiencies
- Deep understanding of complex web applications and how to build integrations with design systems.
- Experienced in applying design thinking to create thoughtful human centered web experiences.
- Experience with UI and performance testing frameworks for web applications.
- Hands-on experience with CMS integrations such as GatsbyJS, WordPress or Drupal. We currently use Gatsby Cloud and Gatsby Builds, so Gatsby experience is preferred.
- Experience in recruiting engineering talent and building out high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team and across the organization.
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.