Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results oriented Software Engineering Manager to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Think strategically while balancing both short and long term needs
- You will build & lead high performing engineering teams by motivating your team and leading by example to continuously innovate, improve and think differently
- You will deliver outstanding results for our customers and are a role model for other engineers
- Create shared vision and build and maintain strong partnerships with Product Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success and Business development teams
- Responsible for entire software development life cycle for your team’s deliverables
- Own and deliver your roadmap
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- Have managed engineering teams of 8+
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- You have experience with Agile development
- Have experience in building full stack transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains)
- You have a bias towards action and make decisions quickly after considering competing viewpoints
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- You thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving donation match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.