We are looking for a director to join our teams charged with delivering best-in-class liquidity in a cost effective manner to Ripple’s customers. You will mentor, lead and grow the team responsible for liquidity and trading platforms that power Ripple’s payments and crypto liquidity products. The team is responsible for the planning and execution systems that enable price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens via a globally distributed, highly performant trading platform. Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable global-scale solutions. You will be a hands-on leader, diving deep to set the right goals, set technical direction and deliver results in an incremental manner without sacrificing a long-term vision. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical leadership for our planning and execution systems that scalably and reliably deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers
- Own and deliver your roadmap while driving technical and operational excellence across our engineering and machine learning systems
- Be a program owner, responsible for business outcomes and technological innovation
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team, both your direct reports and the broader org
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s inventions and processes so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 7+ years of experience managing engineering teams; have managed engineering teams of 10+
- Track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams
- Experience delivering complex, real-time internet-scale data intensive software systems; preferred if in finance or trading domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- Track record of recruiting and mentoring world-class teams
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Brand new office in Toronto
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.