As a Platform Engineer, you will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's production infrastructure and release pipelines. Platform Engineers at Ripple are a hybrid of systems and software engineers who support the design and lifecycle of our hosted products. You will work closely with product engineers to provide guidance, automation, and development of platform features.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deploy and maintain Ripple’s multi-region, multi-provider service platforms (with an emphasis on security and resiliency)
- Develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Create solutions for unique technical challenges faced by Ripple involving PKI, secret management, geographic failover, data replication, availability, and platform resiliency
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps and GitOps principles within the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with solid development background with Go, Python, or Java
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and GCP
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Jaeger and Prometheus
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation and ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.