The Platform Engineering team at Ripple is a cross-functional Software Engineering and Operations team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps and GitOps principles of collaboration and integration.
As a Senior Staff Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for design and implementation of the production services, applications and platform components that comprise our backend. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in distributed systems, design and software development and to provide best-practices guidance for a novel new business that is based on Blockchain technology and moving billions of dollars globally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform-as-a-service and internal management tools
- Architect and develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Create solutions for unique technical challenges faced by Ripple involving PKI, secret management, geographic failover, data replication, availability, and platform resiliency
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps and GitOps principles within the organization
- Research promising new tools and technologies, push the team to experiment and evolve
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (8+ years of solid development background with Go, Python, or Java; 5+ years Experience designing and operating large scale, multi-region service platforms with emphasis on security)
- Extensive experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and GCP
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience with service mesh (Istio, Linkerd, etc.)
- Experience in designing and building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with autoscaling, multi-cluster and Multi-AZ redundancy, log and application tracing (Jaeger, ELK, etc.)
- A desire to get the best out of each individual on your team while building an inclusive environment that celebrates differences
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.