As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer, you will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's development and production infrastructure. You will help design and automate our infrastructure management processes, including deployment, instrumentation, monitoring, and overall lifecycle management. You will troubleshoot incident root causes, implement associated action items, and identify opportunities to reduce MTTR using automation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage operations of Ripple’s customer-facing production services
- Design and develop tools for automation and observability
- Manage our deployment and continuous integration architecture
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Help facilitate the operation of multiple data centers and the rapid scaling of the Ripple network
- Research promising new tools and technologies, push the team to experiment and evolve
- Participate in a robust and fair on-call framework: SRE are Tier 2, and our worldwide team uses a follow the sun model so that on-call shifts are approximately 9am-5pm.
WHAT YOU MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Extensive Linux/*nix systems background
- Advanced experience at troubleshooting complex systems
- Proven development background with Go, Python, or Java
- Experience with the Hashicorp tool ecosystem (Terraform, Vault)
- Configuration management and orchestration experience (Helm, Argo)
- Fluent with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and GCP
- Unwilling to show fear when confronted with the JVM
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Recognition of the importance of automation on scalability and reliability
- 5+ years experience working in SRE / DevOps / Software Engineering
- A passion for building highly reliable infrastructure
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Brand new office in Toronto
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.