What You’ll Do:
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures for the protection of Ripple’s computer networks and information.
- Design and implement corporate IT and infrastructure security solutions.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing systems, in order to ensure functioning of Ripple’s data processing activities and security measures.
- Assess system vulnerabilities for security risks, and propose and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Build solutions for automated detection and response to security incidents.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place to safeguard Ripple’s digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
- Modify computer security systems to incorporate new software, correct errors, and implement new technologies to meet Ripple’s business needs.
- Monitor security systems, monitor use of data files, and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Respond to computer security breaches and review violations of computer security procedures to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Document security procedures, processes, and tests for Ripple’s IT and infrastructure programs to ensure the highest level of security compliance.
What We’re Looking For:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field plus 6 years of experience (of which 5 years must be post-baccalaureate progressive) in security engineering; or a Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field plus 4 years of experience in security engineering.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently): building security standards and procedures; implementing security tools in business processes; performing security assessments for complex systems; engaging with external security researchers to remediate issues; creating threat models for information systems; performing code reviews to detect vulnerabilities; and, testing with popular application and infrastructure security tools such as Burp, Nessus, Nmap, or similar.
Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in at least three of the following technologies (which may be gained concurrently): Firewall/VPN; IPS/IDS; Email Security; Penetration Tests; Application Code Reviews; API Testing; Vulnerability Scanning; AV; EDR; SIEM; MDM; DLP; or, IAM.
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com and must reference Job #DS02 to be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.