The Release Management function is a part of the Technical Program Management team within RippleNet Payments Engineering. We’re seeking a talented, passionate, Senior Release Manager to join Ripple’s fast-growing TPM team.
The Sr. Release Manager will be responsible for scheduling, planning, guiding, and optimizing releases for all of the services within RippleNet. Successful release will require timely communications, good planning, cross team collaborations, documentation, and great experience for our customers. The Release Manager role will partner closely across all engineering, product, infrastructure and customer facing teams to get releases out successfully. Candidates should enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and possess an ability to encourage and drive best practices. The ideal candidate has excellent program and process management skills, along with strong technical aptitude and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the product delivery organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own communication and coordination of releases, starting from planning, execution, customer communications, retrospective and patch responses.
- Partner closely with cross teams to align releases including Product, Engineering, DevOps, SRE, and InfoSec.
- Monitor and track key metrics for each service, and publish executive reports.
- Recognize opportunities to improve release quality and engage with developers and cross-functional teams to implement improvements
- Maintain documentation related to release process, team dependencies and customer expectations - including release dependencies.
- Help adoption of CI/CD infrastructure and support infrastructure improvements for customers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience working in Release Management and/or Technical Program management roles
- Proficient in software development life cycle principles, particularly release management.
- Proven track record of managing cloud application(s) with high availability and high scalability
- Experience building engineering processes and working alongside senior stakeholders to ensure needs and requirements are incorporated
- Understanding various release processes and having had experience in planned releases and on-demand releases.
- Experience with Agile process of development of distributed services, with a focus on faster and reliable delivery
- Experience working with tools such as AWS, Git, JIRA, and automation test tools such as HPQC. Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus.
- Values an inclusive culture and has a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.