We’re seeking a talented, passionate, Principal Technical Program Manager to join our team responsible for how we move, manage and make liquidity available for our customers across the globe in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. This is a challenging and technical role, requiring the expertise to synthesize business and technical requirements and the foresight to ensure we are solving for Ripple’s current and future customer needs. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to design robust and scalable systems, manage product schedules, remove roadblocks, and ensure high development velocity. Ideal candidates have a track record of seeing around the corner and providing technical leadership to deliver for customers. You will be responsible for high-level strategy, but also know when to get hands-on to push an initiative forward. You must be passionate about enabling the team to invent and deliver customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Develop department level priorities and strategy across our liquidity initiatives by understanding our customers and technology deeply.
- Develop and own strategic liquidity projects supporting our On-Demand Liquidity product and Liquidity Hub, Ripple’s new offering for enterprises to easily and efficiently source digital assets from the broader crypto market
- Setup scalable processes that durably ensure alignment and accountability across all functions involved in the program.
- Reduce ambiguity and risk by proactively identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, escalating strategically, and making sound data driven decisions that deliver for our customers subject to business and technical trade-offs.
- Build relationships across teams and be able to anticipate, identify and manage dependencies, risks, and issues across multiple teams.
- Communicate with purpose and clarity, bringing together cross functional teams to achieve program objectives
- Setup programs and practices that foster collaboration and a culture of ownership and operational excellence for teams to be their best.
- Be a role model and thought leader for other TPMs
What you’ll need
- 12+ years of relevant technical program management and/or software engineering experience.
- Experience driving department level initiatives through the full life cycle from program or project charter to launch and on-going operation.
- Experience leading definition of technical business requirements and scope across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Detailed-oriented approach coupled with superior communication skills, effectively communicating with cross-functional and multi-level stakeholders.
- Enjoy working in a highly cross-functional, collaborative environment, building relationships, and achieving results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Experience coordinating with geographically diverse teams.
- Strong knowledge of project/program management methods and the insight to adjust the methods according to the team’s needs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.