Developer Operations (DevOps) at Ripple is responsible for communication, collaboration and integration between the Development and Operations teams so infrastructures, tools and processes are streamlined and effective for faster and automated delivery of products.
The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps will contribute in discovery, design and implementation of solutions to improve infrastructure and release pipelines. These solutions will include developer infrastructure, capacity & load testing, CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation. You will push the boundaries with new tools and technologies and use a data-driven approach for achieving desired results. Candidates should enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and possess an ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain Ripple’s multi-region, multi-provider service platforms
- Contribute design and development of tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Lead discovery of next generation solutions and work with wider engineering teams on implementation, adoption and continuous improvements
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the adoption of DevOps-first principles within the organization
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps or related roles
- Strong experience in either Python, Go, or Java
- Experience working with large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Expertise in Kubernetes and experience working with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.