As Director, Technical Services you will be leading a distributed team responsible for providing first-class service and support for our financial institution and payment provider customers using Ripple’s mission-critical service to make payments around the globe. In your role you will directly work with our customers and coordinate with Ripple’s Product Management & Engineering teams to troubleshoot, replicate, and resolve issues to our customers satisfaction.
You will manage a global team with two regional managers reporting to you covering Americas/Europe and APAC/Middle East. You will engage all levels of the Ripple organization as appropriate from Project Management, Integration, Engineering, and our Leadership team, providing the voice of the customer to help prioritize company initiatives, processes, and product enhancements. You will play a key role in defining production support and oversight arrangements for Ripple customers so that the risk of service interruption is reduced. These activities will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth and reliable production experience for all users of Ripple technology.
What you'll do:
- Build and scale a world-class global support practice. Enhance and adhere to a world-class set of operational procedures and policies for mission-critical production support on a peer-to-peer payments network, and continually review & improve on these on an ongoing basis.
- Define and manage the team interaction and communication with our customers and the delivery teams regarding issue management, escalations and coordination with engineering teams.
- Define and execute multiple concurrent cross-team projects such as customer upgrades, issue prioritization and roadmapping with Product Management, and issue alerts to delivery teams and customers.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to shape communication within Ripple in addition to communicating with our VIP customers.
- Lead the team to great success and growth – in turn helping to fuel the tremendous growth of Ripple as well.
- Act as a coach and mentor to your managers and to the individual contributors on your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience building and managing large global teams.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in supporting/managing complex & managing a support practice.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making capabilities and able to be highly effective in demanding situations.
- A strong sense of ownership, and empathetic attitude that “the customers’ problem is my problem”.
- At least 4 years of technical experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, industry data standards e.g. in Banking (ACH, SWIFT, SEPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal Product and Engineering teams as well as external customers in an agile environment.
- The ability to communicate your knowledge of enterprise level, commercially available hardware and software products, operating systems, networking systems, and methodologies for integrating web-based products.
- Functional understanding of payment flows & cross border payment processing and experience with digital assets a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.