Ripple is growing and we’re looking for a dynamic leader based in Sao Paulo to spearhead growth and develop key partner relationships across Latin America. As a core member of the Latam team, you will identify key relationships and close deals to drive volume and build a healthy ecosystem of cross-border payments solutions leveraging blockchain technology. You will also lead business development and partnerships for other new emerging Ripple crypto-enabled products/services and product infrastructure partners across the Latam region. Ripple’s vision of an Internet of Value requires building an efficient global payments ecosystem, and On-Demand Liquidity adoption is a core component of making that vision a reality.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and experienced growth professional with business development and strategic partnerships experience, having the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support potentially paradigm-shifting technology. Candidate’s core skill sets should be in business development, deal execution, stakeholder management and crypto/fintech/cross-border payments. Working as part of a global team, candidates will need to be self-starters with the ability to work independently with limited daily direction. Additionally, they should have a large network in the region with important touch points in banking, financial services, payments and have a strong interest in and passion for digital assets / crypto markets. Lastly, candidates should have experience working with and collaborating across multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams, internally and externally, and be capable of building strong relationships with prospects, partners/customers and internally cross functional colleagues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Ripple’s technology and suite of products.
- Identify, source, and build strategic relationships with key Ripple partners across Latin America including payment & fintech companies, financial institutions, and digital asset infrastructure players, tech companies, multinational corporates, etc.
- Structure, negotiate and execute complex commercial deals with strategic partners to drive volume and value for Ripple. Ability to sell the future vision and close alpha, beta and new to market deals for new innovative services.
- Be the voice of the customer and work with marketing, product, sales teams to help drive use cases for cross-border payments and new crypto-enabled products and services.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams; collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy execution.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years of business development and strategic partnerships experience
- A good understanding of international payments and fintech
- Strong preference for experience with crypto, blockchain; passion for crypto a must
- Experienced negotiator who is excited by partnerships and deal-making - especially with innovative new products
- Strong network across the Central and South American markets with key individuals across financial services, payments & industries with large payment needs
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, decision making and troubleshooting complex issues with the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Team player who believes in Ripple’s vision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Portuguese and Spanish speaking is a must
- MBA or equivalent preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health plans for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Meal allowance
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.