Software Engineer, Liquidity [New Grad]
Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build enterprise-grade liquidity services that manage the storage, movement and trading of crypto and fiat assets
- Partner closely with applied scientists and ML engineers to enable closed-loop feedback systems that automate and optimize our solutions
- Write maintainable code that is easy to understand and debug
- Identify and engage in opportunities to improve the code quality and our software development process
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience with Java, nice to have experience with Spring framework, python Relational Databases, Kubernetes, and/or cloud development
- Intellectual curiosity - you love to dig into how things work and understand how to improve and scale them
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.