Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is outdated and flawed. Ripple solves this problem. Our mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We connect banks, payment providers, corporations, and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap.
Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. Ripple’s Database Engineering team manages distributed database platform infrastructure that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. The team partners with stakeholders across the company for cutting edge product development, business strategy, complex inter dependencies, high availability, security, performance, scalability, cost optimization requirements and customer servicing.
We are looking for results-oriented passionate engineers who will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's production infrastructure and monitoring framework. You will work closely with Operations, Platform, DB and Product engineers to provide guidance, automation, and development of platform features.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop tools for database related automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Responsible for the monitoring infrastructure scalability, resilience, and security, to improve operational excellence
- Manage AWS RDS monitoring infrastructure to ensure applications are available and stable for the business
- Lead the automation effort to gather and publish database related metrics to monitoring dashboards to improve our ability to proactively analyze and detect problems impacting stability of the applications.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with multiple teams on the design, architecture and implementation of our monitoring platform that enables self-service monitoring for our customers
- Review existing monitoring and DevOps tools and frameworks that interact with databases in the cloud, propose enhancements and recommendations to improve them.
- Create and track operational issues and improve operational efficiency on the AWS infrastructure
- Participate in a robust and fair on-call framework
- Participate and influence DevOps-first principles within the organization
- Mentor junior engineers, and influence the overall team’s culture and collaboration model with other engineering teams.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience and systems engineering
- 5+ years experience managing cloud infrastructure for large enterprises applications, preferably AWS or GCP
- 5+ years of solid experience with configuration management and provisioning tools: Chef, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation etc.
- 5+ years of deep experience with any two or more of the monitoring tools is highly desirable: Sumo Logic, Splunk, Wavefront, SentryOne, Nagios, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic
- Experience with one or more of the following database technologies: PostgreSQL/ MySQL/ Aurora PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with any one of the programming languages is highly desirable: Perl, Python or Ruby
- Experience in operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- Experience with integrations for applications to leverage password management solutions such as HashiCorp Vault or other similar solutions
- Experience with distributed systems and container-based development using Docker and Kubernetes ecosystem is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of best practices and experience with toolsets for networking, security, observability, secrets management, as well as infrastructure as code. Specialization in one or more of these fields is a plus.
- Proven experience with driving cross functional relationships with internal leadership, stakeholders, and partners to create relatable and scale database offerings for enterprise customers
- Cloud certification is highly desirable.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working in FinTech
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with blockchain technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.