Ripple is working to build new product experiences around crypto liquidity. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist to join us in determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. This is an engineering role focused on building end-to-end machine learning-enabled solutions. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to pricing and risk management systems. This role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of technical excellence in designing, building and delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build automated systems for delivering crypto liquidity to our customers instantly, easily, efficiently and cost-effectively
- Design and implement scalable, auditable, and maintainable machine learning services at Ripple
- Collaborate with Ripple engineers and data scientists to build a world-class machine learning platform
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in statistics, physics, computer science or other quantitative field, masters or PhD preferred
- 2+ years industry or equivalent experience programming with Python and/or Java
- Experience with machine learning methods like statistical modeling, time series analysis or experimentation, bonus if in finance or trading domains
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git and code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.