Who We Are
Ripple’s mission is to create breakthrough crypto solutions that enable a world without economic borders.
Ripple is a crypto solutions company that is driving a new era in finance, doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value, and in the short term its development will create powerful gains in financial efficiency, access and inclusion, using cryptocurrency as a universal asset. Long term it will launch - just as the original internet did - new industries that bring people and places closer together, and this time related to money, and every other kind of value as well: from stocks to art, scientific discoveries to commodities, votes to intellectual property, and more.
To get value to move like information moves today, we build on and support the development of one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and reliable public blockchains. We build everything with both an inclusive vision and pragmatism, so while others are incrementally improving the digital economy through apps and technical workarounds, our team is fundamentally re-engineering the way value moves. It’s already driving new efficiencies to help businesses be more successful and diverse, helping people make the most of their money - and we’ve only begun to discover what it’s capable of doing.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C., and Dubai, we have more than 500 global employees and hundreds of customers (including some of the world’s biggest banks) in more than 40 countries and six continents.
We are an innovator and serious competitor. Our culture celebrates creativity, being bold, and taking thoughtful risks. This is one of many reasons why we love our incredible Design team. It’s in their DNA, and they inspire us to push the envelope every day. We’ll ensure you have the resources to think big!
We also value teamwork, collaboration, and camaraderie. Assholes need not apply.
What You'll Do
You will report to the Chief Business Officer and lead, manage, and mentor a super talented design team of ~25 that spans brand (strategy, verbal identity + design), product, visual, media and web design. We are a company, from the CEO down, that highly values and seeks out the Design team’s expertise as a partner to bring great customer-centric products, experiences, content, and events to life. You’ll forge strong partnerships with Audience & Product Marketing, Product Management & Delivery, Engineering, and Corporate Communications to deeply understand the business direction, customer needs and how the user experience can meet those needs. You’ll reinforce Design having a strategic seat at the table helping them drive business decisions.
You’ll champion the end-to-end creative, brand and customer experiences across the business. There will be strong demand for your team’s work so you will need to prioritize what’s most impactful to the business while fostering a culture of ownership and accountability. Some of the world’s most influential people interested in fintech and innovation will have their eyes on your team’s work as Ripple pioneers the Internet of Value.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of multi-disciplinary designers (brand, product, visual, media, and web), junior to senior in their careers, who are responsible for our brand, product, and customer experiences
- Be an accessible leader who sets a high bar for excellence; coach and support your team in presenting and pitching ideas, working with a customer-centric lens, and delivering high-quality work against deadlines
- Own our brand and product design strategy from development to execution in close partnership with our Marketing, Product Management & Delivery, Engineering, and Corporate Communications teams; develop an iterative and data-driven approach to creative and design and drive continuous learning and improvements
- Expand upon and manage the brand design system and consistency of the Ripple brand and product experiences on all platforms and across all channels
- Champion and promote design thinking, research, and processes both in and outside of Design within an agile organization
- Drive the design process and develop strategies that will improve the customer experience at all touchpoints to enable our Sales and Marketing teams to use our brand as a key differentiator
- Establish a strong creative point of view that balances near-term brand and product design needs
- Build relationships with leaders throughout Ripple to drive adoption of design as a problem-solving tool and driver of business success
Who You Are
We are seeking a talented, seasoned design leader with a discerning eye for exceptional design, deep brand design and marketing experience, and great product design chops to lead and inspire Ripple’s Design team and the company. You’ll bring a special talent for nurturing and developing in-house creative teams to produce amazing brand and product experiences across diverse mediums. You know how to manage and leverage teams (to get the best out of them), are an exceptional communicator, and can help raise Ripple design to a higher level.
You’re a collaborator at heart and easily influence decisions at senior levels. You’re at your best in a fast-changing environment and an emerging industry with plenty of ambiguity and interesting, challenging problems to solve. You love to build and create new things from the ground up. You are relentlessly curious, take ownership, consistently push the envelope and challenge the status quo. And you have the EQ to understand the most effective way to inspire, persuade, and pose hard questions to get to the best solutions.
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years of experience in multi-disciplinary design leadership roles, with an emphasis on brand, marketing and great user experiences for a top high-growth tech company (B2B and/or fintech experience preferred)
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Able to drive a "holistic perspective", from which to guide a consistent brand experience and expression across touchpoints/channels
- Easily attracts top creative talent
- Builds and nurtures a strong creative culture, coaching and mentoring professional growth across a team
- Thrives in a faced-paced, dynamic work environment; embraces ambiguity and skilled in building and creating new processes
- Developed sense of workplace empathy and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to design excellence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at building alignment around a creative vision across all functions and all levels
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work for a pre-IPO crypto and blockchain innovator with a mission to create a financially inclusive world
- Working alongside talented, passionate colleagues inspired by the challenge and the reward in pioneering the future for how value moves
- A culture that values employees as people and a work environment that helps them balance the whole of their lives
- Competitive salary and pre-IPO equity
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employees starting on their first day
- 401k (with match) and fully paid parental leave
- Generous wellness and remote work reimbursements
- Flexible vacation policy, work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match up to $1,000/year through RippleImpact
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.