Ripple is looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join our global communications team. In this role, you will oversee the development and execution of communications in EMEA, one of Ripple’s fastest growing markets. This position will be based in London.
As the first communications hire in the region, the ideal candidate is a skilled communications expert who has a successful track record of building a communications program from the ground up. You’ll manage a diverse set of executives and spokespeople from different disciplines, including payments, fintech, blockchain and crypto, and build narratives that these spokespeople can deliver during press interviews and at events. You’ll provide strategic advice, insights, and guidance to the entire company as it relates to building our brand and presence in EMEA. You thrive in a world where you are strategic but can also execute details flawlessly.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and partner closely with senior leaders, product, engineering and marketing teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, develop and execute communications strategies that support Ripple’s business objectives, increase brand awareness in EMEA
- Draft and oversee the review process for press releases, talking points, messaging documents and other internal and external communications, seeing each through to completion.
- Partner with product and marketing teams to build integrated marcomms plans for key initiatives
- Work with executives to prepare for media interviews and speaking engagements, and elevate their thought leadership and social media profiles
- Identify proactive opportunities for Ripple to participate in conversations relevant to the region
- Maintain and build relationships with press, partners and influencers to drive positive awareness and coverage
- Identify and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our customers.
- Manage external vendor and agency relationships
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of relevant communications experience working in tech, payments and/or crypto related fields.
- Established relationships with media contacts and demonstrated success with media relations.
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with a special knack for telling stories in a clear, intriguing and effective way.
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle
- Excellent at collaborating with many contributors and cross-functional partners
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- In-house experience is a big plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.