WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support Ripple’s global tax operations.
- Interact directly with cross functional teams, including business partners, stakeholders, and external tax advisors.
- Coordinate and manage complex processes related to global transaction tax compliance, US property tax compliance, and other US local business taxes, including payments, reconciliations, and cash flow projections.
- Retrieve, organize, and analyze financial, accounting, and market data for supporting various calculations for US and international income taxes, which include income tax filings, quarterly estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, as well as quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements with the tax function.
- Implement innovative solutions to automate existing workpapers, streamline processes to be scalable, and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls.
- Assist with global tax audits, including gathering information and assembling responses to auditor inquiries.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of applicable global tax laws and US GAAP, including tax, accounting, and reporting standards for digital assets.
- Maintain and monitor Ripple’s global tax calendar.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field plus 2 years of experience in coordinating and managing processes related to global income tax, property tax, and local business tax compliance.
Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently): Onesource Income; Onesource Tax Provision; assisting with global tax audits; retrieving, organizing, and analyzing financial, accounting, and market data for tax calculations; auditing income tax provisions for SEC registered and private companies; completing tax compliance engagements; managing timelines and coordinating client communications; and, researching and documenting tax transaction treatment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.