Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for a passionate Information Security leader to build a world class Information Security program. As a leader on the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
In this role, you will build and lead a team of security professionals to deliver exceptional security solutions and processes. You will collaborate across the business with other leaders in Engineering, Product, IT, and Compliance to ensure Ripple maintains a world class security posture. This role reports directly to the Head of Information Security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with Head of Security to plan security engineering and operations strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including with engineering, legal, product, and IT teams, to build and strengthen information security and privacy across our service and infrastructure
- Define operational metrics and key performance indicators to assure the team achieves operational excellence
- Build and lead a team of security engineers and security professionals
- Ensure all security services and processes are working at peak effectiveness
- Drive, design, and implement innovative services to improve our public cloud security infrastructure
- Relentlessly focus on prioritizing, automating, and scaling our security capabilities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security
- Co-create and help articulate Information Security strategy across the company
- A track record of hiring talented security engineers and analysts
- Experience working with engineering teams to drive improvements at scale, building security capabilities, and delivering public cloud detection and mitigation strategies
- A manager/director that can still deliver as an engineer when necessary
- Proficiency with common information security frameworks including SOC2, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001
- Inclusive leadership and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
What We Offer (USA):
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York and Singapore
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks (and catered lunch twice a week!)
- Monthly team social activities like outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A culture of learning and development: employees have access to professional development workshops and reimbursement for continued learning
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.