In this role, you will lead/manage a cloud operations team that oversees the infrastructure and software life cycles by providing first-tier incident response and change management, to deliver continuous availability and reliability for the XRP Ledger, RippleNet services and other Ripple products.
What you will be working on:
- Lead and inspire a team of Cloud Ops engineers to continuously deliver availability and reliability of Ripple products
- Owning, creating and maintaining processes & tooling for infrastructure organization, adding your own tooling and processes.
- Executing and coordinating operational work across teams to improve the platform with minimal impact
- Participate in our first tier, follow-the-sun on call rotation, for technical issues only (during your business hours, approximately 9am-5pm). This position doesn’t involve external customer contact.
- Minimize our mean time to resolve incidents by reacting to monitoring alerts, problems reported by employees or customers in a timely manner
- Participate in developing monitoring dashboards and alerts, to improve our ability to detect and understand problems
- Coordinate with customer success and developer teams to triage, escalate, and ensure timely resolution of any incidents
- Contribute to infrastructure reliability by proactively identifying problems or ideas for improvement
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, with prior management or lead experience
- Strong familiarity with AWS and GCP
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems in the cloud and day to day upkeep
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and troubleshooting containers, especially Kubernetes.
- Troubleshooting virtual machine instances
- Knowledge of cloud networking concepts and technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems and incident management
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Saltstack
- Candidates who are passionate about troubleshooting complex problems with Cloud-based systems, networking, and storage at scale.
- Experience operating software as a service
- Experience working in the finTech a plus
- Experience participating in on-call(Your daytime) incident response
What we offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.