Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple solves this problem. We connect banks, payment providers, corporations, and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented and passionate Software Engineer to help build our data platform. The platform enables everyone in the company to make data driven strategic decisions. You have a passion for the craft of software engineering and take pride in applying those skills to data challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Building, improving, maintaining data pipelines and foundational frameworks for data ingestion and data transformation
- Design and implement scalable and reliable backend infrastructure of the Data applications
- Collaborate with partner engineering teams and business stakeholders to build new capabilities to the Data platform
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coursework / intern experience with software engineering, ideally involving data oriented applications (Python, Java or other programming languages)
- Experience in building ETL/ELT data pipelines. Real time pipelines a huge plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries in data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery
- Knowledge of building REST API endpoints
- Exposure to Hadoop and NoSQL databases like hbase, cassandra etc is a plus
- Exposure to CI/CD (via Airflow or similar tool) a plus
- Experience with Terraform or similar tools a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Be a recent graduate of Spring 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.