Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
The Director of Infrastructure will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's development and production infrastructure, leading our Operations Team to facilitate our DevOps process, including deployment, monitoring, instrumentation and overall infrastructure management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and maintain roadmaps and process for 4 infrastructure engineering/operations teams including SRE, Platform Engineering, Database Operations, and CloudOps
- Set the long-term technical direction and strategy of the Infrastructure Org and heavily contribute to broader Engineering Org
- Champion reliability, performance and scale of Ripple’s cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Support, grow, and mentor Engineering Managers and individual contributors in your org
- Co-own OpEx planning and execution with the VP of infrastructure, heavily focused on building financial models in partnership with FP&A
- Leads and coordinates the activities of the project(s) with responsibility for results in terms of timelines, cost objectives, and process implementation
- Responsible for budgets within his/her/their department and resource planning to meet project objectives
- Work to further develop architectural patterns of large geo-distributed SaaS infrastructure and applications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling an infrastructure team operating high scale cloud infrastructure
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career, mid-level and senior infrastructure engineers
- Experience managing multiple teams within infrastructure (DB, SRE, Platform Eng, CloudOps)
- Experience with hiring skilled, diverse talent from around the world
- The ability to synthesize all inputs and develop a very crisp infrastructure roadmap
- A proven track record of operating reliable, scalable, secure, cost-effective infrastructure
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans
- Orchestrating infrastructure initiative efforts across multiple diverse project teams.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.