As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be providing first-class service and support for our financial institution and payment provider customers using Ripple’s mission-critical software to make payments around the globe. In your role you will directly work with our customers and coordinate with Ripple’s Engineering teams to troubleshoot, replicate, and resolve issues to our customers’ satisfaction.
You will analyze and resolve challenging technical issues, and investigate and identify root causes at the product, data, or network level, all the while keeping key stakeholders informed and up to date on the situation. You will engage all levels of the Ripple organisation as appropriate from Project Management, Integration, Engineering, and our Leadership team, in order to own and drive customer issues to resolution in a timely manner.
You will play a lead role in configuring production support and oversight arrangements for Ripple customers so that the risk of service interruption is reduced. You will perform regular health checks and audits of Ripple product installations to confirm that they adhere to Ripple’s best practices. These preventative activities will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth and reliable production experience for all users of Ripple technology. You will support customers during application of patches, fixes and product updates and share learnings and best practices with the customer base.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Enhance and adhere to a world-class set of operational procedures and policies for mission-critical production support on a peer-to-peer payments network, and continually review & improve on these on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrate, reproduce, successfully debug, and resolve issues across our customers’ technology stack
- Design & build routine tools and scripts to help analyze product, database, and network log files and narrow the root cause of issues
- Become a subject matter expert on Ripple's revolutionary technology and products and an authority in the product requirements for production excellence
- Work with engineering & product to fix issues, release patches, and install in customer environments
- Work with customers to implement best practice policies and procedures for the smooth running of Ripple technology
- Assist in QA and validation of releases against known customer environments and configurations
- You will be required to participate in out-of-hours customer production support from time to time
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-5 years experience implementing or supporting transaction processing systems supporting cash management, payments, or trade finance product in complex technical environment
- A strong sense of ownership, and empathy towards the needs of our customersDeep technical and functional understanding of payment flows & cross border payment processing
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including Databases, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Application & Web Servers.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal Product and Engineering teams as well as external customers in an agile and diverse environment
- Excellent oral, written & customer service skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate your knowledge of enterprise level, commercially available hardware and software products, operating systems, networking systems, and methodologies for integrating web-based products
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications
- Experience with testing tools & technologies -- Test Harnesses
- Experience working with a global team that at times requires flexibly around working hours
- Hands-on coding experience in web based technologies:
- Web Services
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Real-time technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration with an emphasis on networking (TCP/IP) and security best practices
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence,test/defect management tools and processes and real-time monitoring tools such as Splunk.
- Experience of providing customer support in a peer-to-peer technology environment
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.