Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join a new team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. Candidates will partner closely with applied scientists to deliver scalable production machine learning services to solve these liquidity challenges. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the infrastructure and tools to create and deploy production models. Ideal candidates will have a track record of technical excellence in designing, building and delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the data stack, mixing data engineering, machine learning and software engineering to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Build the platform to enable scalable, auditable, and maintainable machine learning services at Ripple.
- Design and implement tools and processes for the entire ML lifecycle including feature generation, model development, model deployment, model serving and experimentation.
- Collaborate closely with Ripple engineers and applied scientists to bring the benefits of machine learning solutions to our customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Familiarity with cloud data services (GCP, AWS)
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git and code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain and crypto. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.