Ripple is continuing its expansion into Southeast Asia and seeking an attorney to provide sound legal advice and assistance with business development and commercial transactions in the Southeast Asia region, with a focus on Singapore. The individual will be based in Ripple’s Singapore office, and be working with the legal team in the San Francisco, Singapore and New York offices to provide best in class legal counsel to your Ripple clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Providing commercial support for sales and business development teams including drafting and negotiation of contracts
- Advising clients on legal issues and best practices in a variety of areas across Southeast Asia;
- Handling legal matters in other areas like labor and corporate law as the need arises;
- Collaborating with the legal team in San Francisco and colleagues from around the world.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 6 years of experience as an attorney, with good standing to practice law in Singapore;
- Prior in house experience with an multinational technology company;
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating software license, SAAS, partnership, and other commercial agreements internationally;
- Prior experience working on M&A and investment transactions;
- Experience managing outside counsel budgets and projects;
- Pragmatic, solutions-based approaches to achieving business objectives;
- Strong contract drafting and review skills with attention to detail;
- General understanding of virtual currency, blockchain, and distributed ledger technology preferred;
- Fluent English language skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Weekly company-wide meeting - ask anything you may want to know
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.