Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative principal applied scientist to join us in building the Internet of Value experience for our customers and their users. This is a foundational role on a new liquidity team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to building risk and compliance solutions for blockchains, this role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of scientific leadership and technical strength. In starting a new area of focus at Ripple, successful candidates must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges. You will define and drive end-to-end machine learning solutions that solve real customer problems while helping grow and build the team that delivers them.
Location is flexible within the US.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build automated ML-based systems for forecasting, optimizing and managing access to global liquidity so our customers can send value instantly, easily, efficiently and cost-effectively to all corners of the world
- Own the architecture and vision for delivering scalable, auditable, and maintainable production machine learning services at Ripple
- Be a foundational member of a new applied science pillar with a huge opportunity to shape its future
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance and business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting and experimentation, bonus if in finance and trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with cloud-based data processing and machine learning services and tools
- Experience recruiting and mentoring a world-class team of applied scientists
- You are excited about blockchains; the technical details and the potential benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with non-technical senior leaders
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- An entrepreneurial problem solver with a bias for action