Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented engineer to help build the next generation payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
The Staff Software Engineer will help lead the design of the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. As Ripple’s customer base grows globally, the Staff Engineer will help drive the move to a highly available cloud deployment, processing fast and resilient payments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise, distributed payment applications that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java, and 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York and Singapore
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks (and catered lunch twice a week!)
- Monthly team social activities like outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A culture of learning and development: employees have access to professional development workshops and reimbursement for continued learning
WHO WE ARE:
Learn more about engineering at Ripple by visiting our blog, “Get Technical."
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.