RippleNet Engineering is looking for an experienced professional with a combination of strong technical skills, product and engineering strategy/execution, and business operations/program management experience to partner with the VP in leading and organizing the function. RippleNet is growing globally and with customers and partners bringing new and fun technical challenges to us. Global teams need global solutions which are highly available, resilient and secure.
This would be a hands-on technical role, serving as a partner to all engineering leaders and team in moving the technical excellence of the organization forward. This role will report into the VP of Engineering for RippleNet and will drive forward engineering initiatives, by creating streamlined processes, communicating consistently and frequently, building trust across the organization and prioritizing areas for investment. This role will serve as a trusted advisor to the team, ensuring they are as efficient and effective as possible.
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
- Co-create and help articulate the RippleNet Engineering strategy to internal and external audiences.
- Lead key initiatives by partnering with and influencing stakeholders within and outside of RippleNet, including (but not limited to) leaders in Product Management, Delivery, and Marketing.
- Help solve tech problems with urgency by helping teams reach consensus by asking the right questions / offering solutions
- Work closely with Data partners to create dashboards to measure business results and hold teams accountable. Shepherd the development of a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Be a culture champion on agile and lean development practices for faster delivery and efficient team processes.
- Own and drive adoption and upkeep of OKRs across RippleNet, including establishing review process and alignment to key Ripple initiatives.
- Work across the organization to ensure clear communication about scope, timelines and risks of Engineering programs and projects, with a focus on customers and business goals.
- Discover, mitigate and manage risk to roll out schedules, resources and technical design by clear communication and thought leadership.
- Organize and support communication for RippleNet Engineering to ensure there is cross team collaboration, alignment and information sharing.
- Act as a representative for RippleNet Engineering in various meetings and forums as appropriate to assist the VP in ensuring that the team has a clear technical roadmap.
- 12+ years of experience, ideally from a financial technology, enterprise technology, or technical consulting background.
- Diligent and extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Outstanding at building relationships and collaborating with peers, senior leaders, and cross-functionally to produce not only great results, but also great experiences doing the work.
- Strong strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution.