This role can be based in London, or across the UK Remote.
The Success Engineering team is part of the Ripple Engineering organization and has members located across the globe. The team creates tools, sample code, SDKs, processes, and documents to support RippleNet growth. Engineers troubleshoot the most challenging networking and application issues and then take measures to ensure they don't reoccur.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Review and debug production code to identify issues and suggest fixes
- Analyze and troubleshoot network infrastructure issues
- Configure and troubleshoot Ripple Cloud production systems
- Support "on the ground" Partner Engineering team
- Certification and testing of integrations
- Create and maintain reference network architectures and hardware configurations
- Specialized hardware and software configuration and testing (proxies, HSM, etc.)
- Develops SDK, modules, and sample code
- Support RippleNet Testnet sandbox
- Understand RippleNet end-to-end
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience
- Intellectual curiosity - you love to dig into how things work and understand how to improve and scale them
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- Support Engineer who often finds the issue in the code themselves
- Enterprise Software or Network Engineer looking for variety in job tasks, exposure to multiple new technologies, and the opportunity to lead projects
- Experience in: Java, Spring, Relational Databases, Kubernetes, AWS
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot network traffic from layer 1 through 7 with utilities, including SSH, nslookup, tcpdump, ssldump, cURL, HTTP GET, and Open SSL
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including Databases, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Application & Web Servers.
- Experience with Linux and scripting, including working from the Linux command line environment to edit files, control processes and analyze performance
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proven communicator with both written and verbal skills
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced startup environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.