Ripple is looking for its first Chief Economist. In this role, you will study the market dynamics in cryptocurrency, particularly within XRP markets. You will apply your robust knowledge of monetary policy and macroeconomic principles to develop strategies regarding management of Ripple’s XRP holdings. You’ll lead public communications on those strategies, the state of the XRP economy, and thought leadership on broader cryptoeconomics.
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) - which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development and innovation that enables the IoV (e.g. the XRP Ledger, Interledger Protocol, PayID); we build tools and offer services, programs and support to enable developers to build on the XRPL; and we partner with financial services firms and institutions to co-develop solutions that use the XRPL and XRP.
- Develop strategies regarding management of Ripple’s XRP holdings.
- Lead communications of those strategies in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Support the Finance team in execution of those strategies.
- Provide regular insights both internally and externally on noteworthy trends in the crypto economy.
- Publish research and thought leadership papers on the future of cryptoeconomics, establishing yourself as a domain expert and augmenting Ripple’s position as an industry thought leader.
- Act as a thought leader and spokesperson - developing points of view and regularly sharing them at conferences, with media, bylining blog posts, posting on social media, etc.
- PhD in Economics or Finance; experience working in industry (especially tech) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated thought leader via publications and industry forums, including evidence of applying innovative approaches in economic thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Great at distilling technical and academic jargon into compelling stories and messages that resonate with general audiences.
- Passionate and deeply knowledgeable about the history of money and how robust markets have developed around new asset classes.
- Intellectually curious and excited about digital assets and their potential impact on the global economy.
- Diligent and extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Outstanding at building relationships and collaborating with peers, senior leaders, and cross-functionally.
- Strong strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.