Ripple's Data Team is seeking an experienced Analytics Engineer to spearhead initiatives around data modeling, financial reporting and master data.
This role will be pivotal in helping scale analytics, reporting and data access at Ripple. You'll provide thought leadership around how to ensure internal stakeholders have access to consistent and accurate data.
You'll define and build robust data models, ensuring disparate data sources collected throughout the organization are stitched together into a centralized source-of-truth reporting layer in our data warehouse.
Location is flexible within the USA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop deep technical and business understanding around Ripple's most critical reporting needs
- Design and build Ripple's centralized reporting data modeling layer, following engineering best practices and methodologies to ensure data transformations and computations are accurate, efficient and well-documented
- Own reporting processes supporting financial operations
- Assess the org's needs around Master Data
- Provide technical and thought leadership around data governance policies and procedures
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years experience in data analytics or engineering type role, especially around designing and building data models in both SQL and noSQL systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field preferred
- Expert SQL skills
- Experience with DBT or similar analytics workflow tools
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and BigQuery strongly preferred
- Experience building reporting processes for finance (billing, invoicing, executive reporting) strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Master Data Management (full lifecycle gathering requirements, choosing/implementing tool, building solutions)
- Experience with data governance (defining procedures, establishing change management policies) a big plus
- Strong communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.