Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented, hands on engineering leader to help build the next generation of payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
On Demand Liquidity (ODL) is a product that leverages digital assets and blockchain technology to improve the cost, speed and transparency of cross border payments. This highly strategic product for Ripple is powered by the superior speed, low transaction cost and scalability of the digital asset, XRP. We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead and shape the team responsible for the ODL customer experience, integration into our next generation trading platform and be a critical part of defining the future trajectory of On Demand Liquidity and RippleNet.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for the ODL engineering team and work with dependencies across the company to create a shared vision
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage and create processes to enable the team to do its most efficient and best work
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Ripple’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them grow and advance in their careers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure as you will have significant responsibility over the funds and digital assets that facilitate payments through RippleNet
- Intellectual curiosity - you love to dig into how things work and understand how to improve and scale them
- You are still hands-on and love to spend at least 50% of your time coding, performing code reviews and architecture / design reviews.
- You thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, and 3+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- (Preferred) Good understanding of Java Spring, microservice architecture, integrating into internal and third party services
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Learn more about engineering at Ripple by visiting our blog, “Get Technical."
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.