Co-founded in 2012 by fintech pioneer and philanthropist Chris Larsen, Ripple is a mission-driven global blockchain company that enables the world to move money as easily as information. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
Ripple just experienced its strongest year of growth in 2019; it surpassed 300 customers (including some of the world’s biggest banks) in more than 45 countries and six continents; entered into a strategic partnership with money transfer giant MoneyGram; and raised $200 million in Series C funding at a $10 billion valuation. The company grew to 450 employees across offices in San Francisco (headquarters), Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, and its social giving program Ripple for Good has committed over $100 million help ensure financial inclusion and education globally.
Ripple is one of LinkedIn’s “Top Startups 2019: The 50 hottest U.S. companies to work for now”, and Fortune has named Ripple to the “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” for the past two years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Ripple’s Vice President of Marketing is a newly created role and direct report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing (reports into CEO). She’s seeking a passionate, creative, experienced, driven marketing executive to lead high-performing growth, events and corporate marketing teams and continue to build them out. This person’s three key charters will be: operationalizing and rapidly scaling Ripple’s B2B marketing funnel; building its corporate brand in a complex marketplace comprised of very diverse audiences - from Wall Street financial institutions to crypto influencers; and
leading the testing and expansion of Ripple’s B2B2C brand to people who send and receive money internationally. This scope will include:
- leading, mentoring, inspiring and growing a team of 10 marketers
- collaborating with and influencing senior leaders across the organization
- driving global demand generation strategies that build our lead funnel and convert to closed-won deals, applying customer and data insights to continuously improve conversion
- building relationships with Ripple’s Sales team to help further demand generation and enablement activities in the field
- building brand awareness and shaping market perception through global integrated campaigns in partnership with our Design and Corporate Communications teams
- developing our corporate narrative and thought leadership platforms to continuously increase our global market leadership and clarify the relationship between Ripple and XRP
- owning Ripple’s global employment brand and go to market strategy for attracting top talent (especially engineers) and being known as a highly desirable place to work
- overseeing global events, which includes Ripple’s annual Swell conference (past keynotes include former President Bill Clinton)
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are experienced in corporate, digital and event marketing.
- You have led or played a critical role in shaping a new or expanding brand that’s successful – and the teams who made it possible. You have worked for a top consumer or enterprise tech
company, ideally both.
- You are a magnetic and inspirational marketing leader who excels at recruiting and developing top talent, scaling an organization through high growth, and out-performing the ambitious goals you set for your team.
- You develop high-impact, creative and bold demand generation and corporate marketing strategies that nail business goals and deliver an unmatched, unforgettable customer experience that turns customers into die-hard fans.
- You have experience with multi-channel advertising and marketing campaigns that dramatically accelerate brand awareness for a growing tech company.
- You’re a collaborator at heart and easily influence decisions at senior levels.
- You’re at your best in a fast changing environment and an emerging industry with plenty of ambiguity and interesting, challenging problems to solve.
- You consistently push the envelope and never settle for the status quo.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 12+ years of experience in marketing leadership roles, including experience scaling a team through high growth at a top tech company (a combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required)
- Outstanding leadership skills - leads teams to deliver on ambitious business goals, inspires their best work, mentors and develops their careers
- Highly networked, easily attracts top talent
- Experience in and a passion for demand generation and corporate marketing
- Proven data-driven decision maker12
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with a special knack for telling stories in a clear, intriguing and effective way
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent at collaborating across all functions, with all types of people, at all levels
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work in blockchain at the forefront of innovation, alongside some of the industry’s smartest, most passionate, accomplished peers and colleagues. This is the rare opportunity to join a company - pre-IPO - that is defining a new generation of technology (akin to the early Internet)
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.