We, at Ripl, love to work with people who want to make expressive and rich software, make customers ecstatic about that software, and do it with awesome colleagues in a radically collaborative and humanistic culture.
Ripl invites you to bring your skills, interests, and experiences to a true agile environment with XP practices. As a software developer you will help drive engineering by building the leading marketing platform for small businesses. You will share your skills with a team of like-minded developers. You will take pride in the quality of your work and your teamwork. You will share your expertise with teammates through pair programming, discussion, and in countless other ways. Your curiosity will drive you to find the root of problems you work on. You will ship, you will ship, and you will ship some more. Most of all, you will have fun building, designing, developing, and programming.
A day as a developer at Ripl may include
- Pairing with a teammate
- Designing a tool to speed our internal processes
- Completing a feature in all three of our clients
- Adding a few unit tests to make sure you understand a problem
- Discussing with a sub-team ways to make something better
- Analyzing the server and client codebases to investigate a bug reported by a customer
- Sharing with the team an innovation you created on the side
- Working with the product team to brainstorm ideas of what a feature should be
- Helping a teammate merge a pull request into one of our myriad code bases
Your Skills, Experience, and Professional Goals
- Practical experience in two or more of our core technologies: iOS, Android, React, Rails
- Deep knowledge of at least two Object-Oriented programming languages
- Desire to work across all architectural layers: front-end, middleware, server-side, DB, tools
- Keen interest in true agile development, including Lean and XP Practices and much more
- An experimental mindset with a bias to action
- Able to explain your understanding and ideas to others on the team
- Strong internet connection and excellent communication skills for remote working
- A passion for continuous learning, both personal and organizational
- 6+ years of experience
Ripl is building the leading marketing platform for small businesses. Ripl empowers its customers to do their own social media marketing and helps them enrich their dialogue with their audiences. We help drive the success and sustainability of our customers’ lives and businesses by making it simpler and more beautiful for them to express their ideas, passion, and purpose. We are inspired by our customers—courageous people who are creating something new. We sincerely want to help build the future of small business.
Ripl’s Commitment to Our Team’s Growth and Development
We are proud of our culture. Our cultural foundations are empathy and respect. We hire people, not roles. We value emotion, not just rationality. We value diversity over superficial conformity; we refuse to bucket, stereotype, or discriminate. We choose passionate freedom over poorly spent authority. We choose alignment over fear-driven command-and-control systems. We seek alignment in all we do: with our customers, the business, our teammates, and our individual selves. We endeavor to design our culture—we nurture it so that it nurtures us. Our goal is an ecology of ideas, where the best idea is always adopted, regardless of its source. To this we commit, as a team, with the fullest possible sincerity and intention.
Come and join us as we build a company that innovates; a company that treasures team, collaboration, and individuals; and a company that provides freedom and camaraderie for people who are effective and passionate.
We are looking for candidates in the Seattle area. Because of covid-19 the office is working remotely at this time.