Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $121 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
- Provide world-class support and expertise to PostgreSQL database environments
- Subject matter expert in the PostgreSQL sub domain
- Build highly available, scalable, and efficient PostgreSQL database solutions following standards and security policies
- Recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability and performance and security of a Kubernetes based applications
- Monitor servers to proactively identify performance issues, problematic trends and troubleshoot/escalate to resolve as appropriate.
- Assist Development and Support with troubleshooting customers issues related to performance, product usability, or service availability
- Monitor backups, usage, capacity, and performance of servers; liaise with users and/or vendors to address problems and changes in requirements.
- Drive the product towards higher availability and reliability & assist with on-call support on a rotating schedule for incident escalations.
- This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing PostgreSQL database systems and will contribute in defining best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation
- Expert knowledge of SQL Principles and their functions: 1NF , 2NF, 3NF, Primary/Foreign Keys, Indexes, Aggregate functions, JOIN/UNION/INTERSECT
- Ability to install and configure standalone or clustered instances of PostgreSQL
- Performance tuning, analysis, and diagnosis using SQL Profiler and some third-party performance tools
- Experience in one of the following languages: Python, Bash, Go and Java.
- Analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths).
- AWS Certifications.
- Industry standard DB related certifications.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with PgPool, PgBouncer and other Postgres tools
- Expert skills with Linux, networking, storage and virtualization automation with tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm
- Setting up and supporting CI/CD
- Experience with Golang and or Java Development
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- Several employer paid healthcare plans (zero monthly premiums for you and your dependents!)
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.