RIOS Intelligent Machines, Inc. ("RIOS") is a technology company helping enterprises automate their entire factories, warehouses, or supply chain operations – by deploying AI-powered end-to-end robotic workcells that integrate within existing workflows. RIOS is the leader of fullstack AI-powered robotic workcells for factory automation and deploys its robotic fleet at scale to transform labor-intensive factories into "lights-out" factories of the future powered by robotics and AI. RIOS was founded by former Xerox PARC engineers and is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA. More information is available at www.rios.ai.
RIOS is looking for a Senior Mechanical Systems Design Engineer who is excited by working in a hands-on dynamic environment as part of a world-class team to design, build, deploy, and support robotic solutions that address real-world customer needs.
Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Develop robust robotic solutions to solve unique automation challenges
- Craft elegant and performant solutions from customer requirement documentation
- Prototype and test designs quickly to validate proposed approaches
- Design parts and assemblies optimized for efficient production
- Document work in bills of material, supporting documents, and provide support to field technicians as necessary
- Collaborate with external vendors to source components and ensure timelines are met
Attributes of desired candidates may include some of the following:
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Five years of industrial experience is required
- Proficiency in CAD (Fusion360 Preferred)
- Experience with robotics or industrial automation is a plus
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering – machine design, mechanics of materials, statics, material science, thermodynamics, and finite element analysis
- Knowledgeable about fabrication technologies
- Experience with sheet metal design, CNC machining, welding, additive manufacturing, waterjet cutting, and laser cutting
- Knowledgeable about designing mechanisms, structural assemblies, and motion/material handling systems
- Comfortable with basic machine tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Competitive salary package & Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Free lunch and snacks at headquarters (non-remote employees)
- Paid parental leave
- Subsidized costs for internet / cellphone bills
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Social events + happy hours + team parties
Salary range: $100K-$180K depending on job title, education, and experience.
*No search firm submissions at this time.