RigUp is changing the way hard work gets done in solar, wind, oil and gas, defense, and construction. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world. The People team at RigUp encompasses “all things people”. We have an amazing team built with People Partners, People Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Development, Workplace Operations, and Administration functions. We work cohesively to build and maintain a high functioning and high performing team with a focus on promoting culture, growth, and efficiency.
Our People Partners are true thought partners and advisors on all things people and culture to the businesses they support. In this role, you will oversee activities including workforce planning, system integrations, employee relations, and culture-building for our fast-growing teams. It is important that you possess a highly analytical and commercial mindset, a strong operational focus, and a healthy dose of empathy to deliver impactful and people-centered HR solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make data-driven decisions to strategically advise the business you partner with.
- Gain fluency in business goals to recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in People initiatives within the organization.
- Drive results and outcomes aligned to business priorities through our people programs and practices, including performance management, total rewards, engagement, diversity, inclusion, onboarding/offboarding, and retention.
- Advise and coach senior leaders and people managers as they build and develop their teams
- Facilitate difficult interactions among organizational stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes; resolves escalated conflicts among stakeholders.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
What you should have:
- 8+ years of work experience in HR with at least 2 years at a Sr. HRBP level, at fast-growing companies, supporting teams of 100+ employees
- A high level of adaptability, a high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to lead and manage change throughout the organization.
- Expertise in HR rules, regulations, and processes across multiple states and the ability to be a subject matter expert for the organization.
- The ability to influence change with Senior leaders and use sound judgment to form an objective opinion
- Proven experience in being able to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations without a lot of oversight.
- The confidence to ask thought-provoking questions and give high-quality feedback.
- Deep expertise in communicating effectively; you know how to deliver a clear message and how to make others feed heard.
- Bonus points if you have experience supporting large sales teams
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with match
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental & vision
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.