RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The HCS Renewable Energy team at RigUp supports solar projects nationwide, our construction and skilled trade crews have successfully installed over 4.3GW with HCS renewable ranked #1 Installation Company in the Utility-Scale Solar space for 2019. We are seeking individuals who have a passion to be part of the renewable energy industry and the change it is bringing, are self-starters, creative thinkers, possess the drive to achieve, and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment.
RigUp is hiring a Field Operations Manager that will be responsible for the management of utility-scale projects nationwide. Our ideal candidate for this role will closely work with the Field Coordinators, Safety Personnel, and Operations teams to serve as a liaison between RigUp and project stakeholders including Developers, EPC’s, General Contractors, and Subcontractors.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manages all aspects of field operations including personnel, performance, sales, PPE, equipment, etc.
- Oversight on training Project and Field Coordinators on high-performance site expectations and field sales
- Coordinating suppliers and construction companies on site
- Managing and monitoring building site logistics
- Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision
- Monitors costs, performance, invoicing and submits daily reports
- Manages client satisfaction which includes escalating client concerns internally and de-escalating externally
- Formally presents clients with project milestones and team performance
- Supports process and operational improvements that allow the team to be more efficient and/or productive.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale field construction, utility-scale solar (preferred) supervising skilled workers and trades on a remote basis.
- Direct client-facing experience, managing stakeholder expectations, as related to schedule, budget, and production requirements.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors, etc.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work. OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 (preferred)
- Ability to estimate labor costs
- History of meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Computer knowledge including, Microsoft suite (including heavy Excel), Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and Customer Relationship Manager (CRM).
- Willingness to travel, up to 75% of the time. Some holiday and weekend hours may be required based on project demands.
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with matching
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental & vision
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.