We think it's more than just a job - it's building a better way to work.
We're the leading technology enabled marketplace for the skilled trades, making it easier for workers to find work and companies to find in-demand workers. At RigUp we exist to empower the people that power the world.
Combining deep industry knowledge with innovative technology has built our reputation as genuine disruptors within one of the world’s most traditional industries. We’ve made a huge impact in the energy sector and are now at the forefront of driving innovation across other areas including wind, solar and other forms of sustainable, renewable energy, and we are just getting started!
RigUp came to Belfast in March 2020 - luckily there wasn't much happening in the world at that time… Since then we have been steadily building an impressive group of respected engineers from a range of backgrounds and experience levels. Our Engineering Teams are focused on building great Products & Technology, developing experiences and feature capability integral to our marketplace and we have very ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond.
We believe we offer something truly different and unique in the Northern Irish tech community - not just because of the sectors we are in or the cutting-edge tech that we work with, but because of our commitment to nurture and develop our people. We also offer a very nice salary and benefits package - as well as one of the best equity packages in the local market.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Software Manager to join our growing team.
Our Engineering Teams at RigUp are building our next generation technology enabled marketplace. We are focused on domain driven design, organised into agile cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Product & Design.
We’re looking for a collaborative leader with a growth mindset that enjoys guiding software engineers with diverse technical backgrounds & experiences. People often refer to the role as a Development or Engineering Manager - we don't get too caught up on titles at RigUp in Belfast, we care about finding the right person with a real passion for enabling Engineers to develop great Product experiences.
You’ll have a solid grasp of the application of technology at scale, and are accustomed to partnering with Product & Design teams to get stuff done - importantly you’ll foster collaboration for shared outcomes.
Main tech stack includes : Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes & Docker, React.js, Typescript, Material-UI, Apollo, Graph QL, Node.js, NestJS, MongoDb, PostgreS
We'll be there to support you as you become familiar with our teams, technology, products & processes - generally how we all work together.
You’ll coach our Teams in how we deliver Technology Products & Solutions and have the scope to develop our Teams capability (with the latest technologies). We like to leave things better than we found them & to improve how we deliver as a Team.
This is a really broad role with a great mix of responsibilities including the following:
- Coach one or more domain teams of software engineers (5-10)
- Partner with distributed Product Managers & Designers on product experience & feature capability refinement and translate into our teams technical delivery roadmap
- Own the technical output of our team on agreed product commitments, represent delivery on business reviews with shared insight from our team
- Guide continuous evolution of software development & delivery processes, facilitate the building of tools & best practices to make it easier for engineers to get stuff done
- Contribute on the technology strategic direction, support roadmap & delivery planning iterations, solicit feedback loops to support our teams success
- Mentor career growth & development of our engineers, guide our goals & performance review life-cycle in coaching for success
- Research technology trends & landscape, identify opportunities to leverage new technologies relative to platform investments & scale
- Support our growth & hiring plans (internal & external), collaborate on interviews & candidate engagement, foster diversity & inclusivity in our approach
Who you are
- You get servant leadership - you believe in fostering an inclusive culture where everyone can be their best selves, you nurture the growth & craft within others
- Know when to do the right thing - balance the desire to deliver business outcomes with the responsibility for quality & scalable solutions
- Passionate & curious - inspire others to develop engaging Product experiences, encouraging creativity to improve what we do & how we deliver
- Cultivate trust - partner with others to set a clear direction, giving people what they need to be successful, and getting out of their way
- Take the initiative - own results & shared outcomes, you value learning & growing together
So, what is important to us
- Demonstrable experience leading Engineering teams - it is not about the number of years but more about the type of exposure in developing high performing teams
- Track record in building & deploying production scale platforms - you partner with distributed Product & Design teams to deliver engaging Product experiences
- Proven success in growing & developing others - have coached engineers on developing their craft & supported their career progression
- Self-directed & motivated - open-minded & resilient, embracing change and iterating rapidly
- Strong delivery capability - you collaborate to get stuff done, are comfortable navigating conflicting priorities & deadlines, developing shared delivery roadmaps
- Technology - while this is not a hands on role, sound exposure in & solid grasp of software development is key (familiarity with Cloud Native, Continuous Delivery, Developer Velocity, Development Methodologies, DevOps concepts etc)
- All candidates must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK
What we offer
At RigUp, we believe it’s more than just a job. It’s truly about you, your future & where you want to go. We can't promise that every day will be the same, if anything you can be assured each day is a little different - with new ideas, challenges & rewards.
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Competitive base salary & market leading equity package
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical & Dental - day 1 cover for you & your family, 100% of the premium covered, Medical Health Disregarded policy
- Pension - positive employer contribution
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible approach to working
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
We recognise that women are currently under-represented in the Technology sector, we would particularly welcome applications from women.
All appointments will be made on merit.
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.