At Rightway we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire for the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Rightway Healthcare was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders. Rightway is a technology platform that provides employees and their families with the support, information and advocacy they need to be better healthcare consumers.
We combine a high-tech consumer portal with a high-touch dedicated concierge environment to provide consumers with the same level of support and guidance they would receive if they had a doctor in the family. We are focused on personalization, implementation, advocacy and results.
Rightway works with employers from 100 – 25,000 employees to provide an ecosystem of healthcare navigation for employees. We are committed to generating high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI for every employer. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottom-up understanding of a population.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $130mm to date from investors such as Thrive Capital
The company is headquartered in New York City, with new offices in Hudson Yards. We also have remote offices in Miami, Denver and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a full-time Senior Data Engineer who is capable of leading a team of talented Data Engineers and building foundational infrastructure for a fast-growing business. Necessary skills for this role are expertise with serverless architectures, the AWS ecosystem, and exposure to medical data.
At Rightway You Will:
- Lead a team of talented Data Engineers
- Use the AWS ecosystem to construct systems that efficiently handle our ever-increasing volume of data
- Maintain existing ETLs written using Python and deployed using Docker containers and the AWS Fargate service
- Build batch and streaming data pipelines with tools such as Airflow that ingest gigabyte-scale files
- Design database schemas in PostgreSQL to optimize data integrity and performance
- Develop and maintain APIs that expose data to our product and engineering teams
- Communicate with clients to establish secure data transmission via SFTP and other protocols.
Who You Are:
- Fluency in Python, Apache, SQL, and relational database design.
- Ability to orchestrate, code, test, and document ETL pipelines
- Experience packaging and deploying applications using containers, Kubernetes, or serverless architectures
- Has managed AWS production environments
- Has experienced rapidly scaling infrastructure to handle a high volume of data
- Experience with medical and pharmacy claims data
- Experience with healthcare vocabularies and ontologies
- Experience managing Software Engineers or Data Engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills